The Fairfield County Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. was chartered on December 1, 1979, by 31 Exceptional, Enthusiastic, and Committed Deltas who were determined to address the needs of the Fairfield County Area.
The Fairfield County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is dedicated to providing scholarships to African American high school students who are interested in pursuing a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
Criteria for the Murray-Freeman Memorial Scholarship
● Applicant must be an African-American female or male
● Applicant must be a graduating high school senior residing and attending a school in Fairfield County
● Applicant must demonstrate scholastic achievement with a minimum GPA of 3.0
* Please note, daughters and sons of a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. are not eligible to apply*
The following items must be included in the application
● The application form (including the 500-word essay)
● Applicant must send an official high school transcript directly to the mailing address below.
● Send an unofficial report of SAT or ACT scores. Unofficial scores may be obtained from College Board on the web or from your high school. Please send directly to the mailing address below.
● Submit two letters of recommendation. One letter should be from an academic reference ( i.e. teacher, faculty member, high school counselor) and one letter should be non-academic (i.e. clergy member, employer, civic leader). Do not submit letters of recommendation from a relative or close family friend.
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY
(MARCH 1, 2019)
Murray-Freeman Memorial Scholarship Committee
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Fairfield County Alumnae Chapter
P.O. Box 9306
Bridgeport, CT 06601-9306